How frequent Should You Post on Social Media? SEO and Social Media guru Neil Patel states its too important to ignore and that how often you post will decide your relevance in this market. He states that:
“If you post too infrequently, your audience will forget that you exist and you will quickly fade into the deep dark recesses of their minds. However, if you are posting too often, you will become a complete nuisance and they will dread seeing your posts overcrowding their feed.”
To get straight to the point we will focus on the posting frequency of :
1. How often to post on Facebook.
Hubspot and Meltwater state that once per day is optimal, with a maximum of two posts per day.
Social@Ogilvy found that for Facebook business pages with more than 500,000 Likes, organic reach was as low as 2% – and this was before the most recent algorithm update rolled out. This entails that Facebook is a little difficult now and at the same time from this research, we can conclude that it may be lower in 2020.
HubSpot’s research found that results varied based on how many followers you have they stated that “ pages under 10,000 followers experienced a 50% drop in engagement per post if they posted more than once per day”
Social media managers that heropost work with also state that and back HubSpot’s research, stating that there was a significant drop in response rate after one post per day, and an even bigger drop off after two posts per day.
2. How often to post on Instagram.
The general rule of thumb is posting at least once per day, and no more than 3 times per day, on Instagram.
Union Metrics released a whitepaper with data taken from 55 top-performing brands on Instagram and found, on average, they posted 1.5 times per day. What is important to note is that you must just publish high-quality content that provides actual value to your target audience.
Remember you also have stories that disappear after 24 hours, so you can use this feature to enhance or keep your followers engaged.
Our social media manager clients at.heropost allege that how often you post on Instagram doesn’t affect the visibility of your content, what matters is consistency. Social Media Expert Neil Patel agrees with this statement and avers that:
“If you make a habit of posting several times a day and then transition to only a few times a week, you will start to lose followers and generate less engagement per post. This means that the best posting frequency for Instagram is the posting frequency that you can consistently maintain for the rest of your natural life.”
3. How often to tweet on Twitter.
Post 5-10 times a day on this fast-moving platform. We say if you have good content post more because the average lifetime of a tweet is a mere 15 minutes.
Our social media clients state that 15 tweets spread throughout the day is key and usually retweets occur after 45 minutes to an hour. You need to tweet enough to get noticed hence the 10 to 15 tweets range may work well.
4. How often to pin on Pinterest.
3 Pins per day, with a maximum of 30 Pins per day. Posting more than 30 Pins per day you will experience diminishing returns. Ahalogys research states that 3 is the lowest, 11 is just right or bang in the middle and 30 is the max.
Social Media managers and influencers explained to us that Pinterest gives preference to New Pins. They give less exposure to Repinned Pins. Therefore you must try to find new content and repinning may not really count towards your post count.
5. How often to upload to YouTube.
They say once a week is mandatory for growth. YouTube is very different from Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Having only video content makes the frequency of posting much more time-demanding.
The influencers and social media managers we work with aver that Youtube takes up a lot of their time however they reap a heap of benefits from it.
According to Filmora, you’ll grow your channel faster if you:
- Create a specific YouTube posting schedule.
- Post your upload schedule on your YouTube account.
- Don’t overcommit! Creating YouTube videos takes time.
- Bank YouTube videos so you have them ready to upload on your schedule.
We subscribe to Tim Schmoyer at Video Creators here at Heropost and we have added his take on this subject with a Youtube employees take on this subject. (trust me you need to watch this 6-minute vid)
Basically the video points out these elements to focus on:
- Once a week is good
- Give time for your video to breathe
- Quality is better than quantity
- Who is your audience
- How often do you, yourself watch youtube videos
- The exceptions to posting once a week are; if you’re a news page, a video game page where uploading every day may be optimal and also your audience, if they are teenagers they may have more time to watch
6. How often to post on LinkedIn.
Once a day. LinkedIn recommends posting every business day on the platform. According to HubSpot, after posting more than once a day, engagement significantly drops. LinkedIn’s research shows that, with that frequency, you should be able to reach 60% of your audience on the platform.
Heropost state that these social media tips are key:
- Be consistent
- Think about your audience: when they are online? how often are they checking their social media profiles?
- Your audience. Who are they( teenagers or 20-30 adults)? Where are they(America, Europe or Africa therefore consider time)?
- Type of content you’re posting: for example, the Facebook algorithm likes video and thus video content will be more visible
- Consider what time you’re posting
- Optimise content for specific social media sites
How frequent Should You Post on Social Media? I hope you got your answer in this article.
This all is possible by using heropost