Making a Facebook poll on your page takes only a few minutes actually less than 5 minutes. Polls are different and are great to take part in if you’re a follower. If you’re the creator of the poll you’re potentially receiving great data which you can use. You can create a poll regardless if you have a business page or a group page. This article will show you How To Do A Facebook Poll Effectively Today. Remember polls increase user engagement so start one today.
We will focus on:
How To Do A Facebook Poll On A Business Page
NB (you’ll need to be an admin or editor to create a poll on a Facebook Page.)
1. Log into your Facebook account.
2. Click Pages in the left-hand side menu.
4. Click Create Post
5. Click Elipses
6. Select Poll from the Elipses Drop Down Options
7. Type the Question you want to Ask
8. Click the Image or Gif Icon (This part is optional but it is recommended if you want to make your poll pop out.)
9. Select the Duration of the Poll
10. Select when you want to Share your Poll
11. Click Share Now if you want to Post Immediately
How To Do A Facebook Poll In A Group
1. Log into your Facebook account.
2. Click Groups in the left-hand side menu.
3. Select Your Group
4. Click On Write something
5. Click Poll
6. Write your Poll Question Content
7. Click Poll Options to allow people to add new choices or to vote on multiple choices.
8. Click Post to launch your poll or You can schedule for later.
Advantages of Polls
Facebook Polls are great because they allow people to respond with minimal effort which leads to higher user engagement rate. Using Facebook polls is a critical tool which brands can incorporate into a social strategy. Not only do polls encourage user engagement, but they also get people talking, simple to make, and there’s the possibility of converting contributors into customers or leads afterwards.
Facebook polls allow you to quickly gain information tailored just for you. Below are some of the advantages we have found here at Heropost.
1. Increase User Engagement on Facebook
The sheer simple nature of polls enables your followers to get engaged easier. All they have to do is click to answer. We noticed that Facebook Polls stand out visually in news feeds. What then happens next is usually the follower gets involved in the poll and if motivated they leave a comment. This effect will usually call in the Facebook Algorithm to push up your content higher in the feeds. Additionally, the results are shown after voting encouraging people to engage, as those who are curious want to know the results immediately. Ultimately a poll increases user engagement in most instances however you must come up with engagement worthy poll questions.
2. Community Building
Facebook Polls enable you to get an insight into your audience. Facebook Polls spark conversation and engagement. Input from the community establishes trust and also it shows that a brand you actually want to know who they are. One of our clients stated that when they started using polls what happened is that their community started getting more involved after that. Remember communities are built by sharing polls which leads to people chatting about the results and their opinions.
3. Facebook polls create two pieces of content
Content is always hard to come by therefore with Facebook Polls you are potentially are killing two birds one with one stone. How? Firstly the initial poll is your first piece of content. Secondly, the results from the poll are your second piece of content which you can then expand on. You can use those results to write a fact-based content piece or even create an infographic.
4. Get feedback on existing products or services
Feedback about your product is crucial. With Facebook Polls, you will be able to see where your shortcomings are and where your strengths are. Receiving feedback will help you develop a better product. Here at Heropost we continuously are making new features because of these polls we have carried out and our clients appreciate that.
5. Increase traffic to the website
Facebook polls that are carefully structured and well thought out can actually increase traffic. We noticed that when we put a poll out asking what people mainly used Heropost for, for example Scheduling on Pinterest, Facebook or Instagram it generated a lot of interest. What then happened is that people were interested to see what we were all about. This increased our site traffic and sales conversion. Therefore Facebook Polls that are meaningful generate more interest.
6. They are easy to make and answer
As a business Facebook Polls are easy to make. Secondly, they are easy for your followers to get involved in. There are no forms, information prompts or any secondary requirements. It is just your follower and the poll, which just takes a second click in order to answer. To further more illustrate the importance of Facebook Polls, the results are shown immediately. It is a win-win for you and the follower.
7. Facebook Polls are fun to run and to participate in
Do not forget that this is social media. Keeping things fun and interesting is what Facebook was designed for. A Facebook Poll that is light and fun or one that we think deserves our attention because it is different and smartly placed will always be fun to participate in. So keep that in mind.
Heropost Facebook Polling Tips
How to do a Facebook Poll effectively today means implementing some tried tips. These are the tips that we use to help us become better.
- Ask users to share the poll.
- Link the poll to landing pages.
- Ask for people to comment to gauge further.
- Always add some image to draw more attention.
- Be consistently available when a follower comments, this will actually drive people to comment and share.
- Think about using gifs as well.
- Use Trendy Industry Topics.
- Pages have fewer options than groups, so think about this.
Don’t Forget that You can schedule Facebook with Heropost
Facebook Polls increase engagement especially now that there is more competition on Facebook coupled with more social media platforms. Facebook Polls are a great way to vary your content whilst capturing important information to make your business better. We hope this article on How To Do A Facebook Poll Effectively Today helped a little.