Facebook event images are key for when you’re promoting that well-planned event. In promoting that well-planned event you definitely need an event image that is eye-catching, informative and is the ideal size. This is why in this article we are going to focus on the most effective Facebook Event Image Sizes. This is important because we have seen an event that has all the makings of a must-attend that has been ruined by the wrong Facebook Event Size.
You need to understand that If you’re in the business of implementing event marketing as part of your strategy then you definitely use Facebook as your platform to beam out your event, therefore, knowing the right image size is crucial.
Facebook Event Image Size
As of 2020, the Facebook event cover photo size is 1200 x 628 pixels. In terms of ratio, it’s almost a 2:1 ratio however that is a 1.91:1 ratio.
You can additionally try the 1920 x 1005 pixel size as it may give you a crisper feel and also experts state that its the best quality across all screen sizes. This is important because people view these banners from mobiles and Ipads. Gone are the days where your desktop was the main hub to relay your message.
We have seen that these 3 Facebook Event image sizes below may be great for you to try:
- 1920 x 1005
- 1200 x 628
- 1200 x 675
We prefer the 1920 wide x 1005 tall size as it gives us a fuller feel. BUT ON THE SAFE SIDE GO FOR THE 1200 x 628 pixels OR 1200 x 675. The important thing to note here is that:
- If you have a lot of text that’s close to the edge it may be cut off. This size is perfect if your text is more centred in a way.
- Now that you have more users viewing events on Mobile you need to, therefore, ensure you control that text and leave a little room at the sides.
Our clients who are seasoned Facebook marketers state that:
- Sometimes Facebook will automatically increase the size of your Facebook Event to fit if your size is too big or small.
- This is extremely bad, Why? Your Facebook Event image quality will be hampered. You want to control what your potential market views and this just interrupts the process. Hence 1920 x 1005 is key to an extent.
- If your Facebook Event image is too wide in length or too tall in height, Facebook will crop it, therefore, hindering all your hard work.
Some Facebook Marketers still like using the old 1920 x 1080 size. But only use this if you’re a pro and understand what effect you want to achieve. Trust me this size is a nightmare. I haven’t honestly grasped it well.
Tools To Create Facebook Event Images.
Places the event image will be shown.
- Main Event Page
- Suggested Events
Tips for a Great Event Page.
Firstly there are many talented freelancers out there that can help you in designing an amazing Facebook Event image for your event.
Secondly, there are great stock image sites that you can use but beware of being too generic, what you can do is that you can message the artist of that image to personally take an image for you. Be sure to check out our article on, Sites Offering Free Images For Your Business.
- Make sure your image pops out when someone is in a scrolling trance.
- Don’t just use the same old boring stock photo. We have done this in the past and when we come across the same image, it rather leaves us iffy in a way.
- Be clear. Just think of a Call To Action scenario. You want the event info to be inviting yet clear.
- Always, always add the date and venue.
- Please do not use too much text. Beware of text being cut off.
- Be careful to not use the wrong image size or cover when you use Canva or the other Facebook Event image creator apps.
- IMPORTANTLY, HAVE FUN.
Be warned Facebook is always changing the sizes and it can be difficult to keep track of, however, we will always do our best to update as soon as we see any changes. I hope we were a little helpful and straight to the point regarding the most effective Facebook Event Image Sizes.
DONT FORGET WE ALSO SCHEDULE ON FACEBOOK😄