Why do I need a microblog in 2020? Microblogs are fast and easy to setup, free and adaptable. A microblog is a great way to support your business website, internet marketing, and customer communication. Businesses use them to keep the users engaged. But the main question remains, can they replace a blog?
What exactly are microblogs?
Medium states that A microblog is a platform where a user can publish short pieces of content, quick thoughts or ideas. It’s intended to be fast and easy to use, light and effortless to maintain. It is perfect for writing short stories that are accessible by an engaged community.
Microblogs can be concise blog posts (under 400 words) that can have images, GIFs, links, infographics, videos, and audio clips.
What Does a Microblog Look Like?
Everyone has micro blogged in a way before. The Influencer Marketing Hub gives us a good example of this. They state that when you create a video tutorial or write a research-driven whitepaper. While posting it, you draft a crisp summary that includes the main highlights and an embedded link to the resource. That’s a microblog! It’s like instant messaging and traditional blogging rolled into one.
Microblogging also keeps customers informed about the longer content on your website. Neil Patel states that the common content types shared via microblogs are news updates, memes, quotes, event highlights, user-generated content, and infographics.
Below is a great example of a Microblog Post.
Image via Twitter and the Marketing Hub
Among microblogging sites, Twitter is very important. Twitter is a quick and convenient way to share short posts, GIFs, article links, videos and more. Twitter was made for Microblogging because it places a cap of 280 characters on tweets. The platform enables meaningful interaction by means of retweets, comments, and likes.
A visual form of microblogging, Instagram allows organizations to share stories and photos. The Instagram team recommends keeping image captions under 250 characters so that they are fully visible in the feed. For visuals, Instagram is indeed King.
This is a highly popular microblogging platform. You can tag specific topics to attract attention from targeted audiences. The character count for replies is 475 characters and ask messages 500 characters.
Reddit can be a valuable platform for microblogging because you can express your views and interact with fellow users. With Reddit there is a group for almost everything
Facebook is an effective microblog channel. Users share text, live videos and more to connect with customers. You can create surveys, polls, questionnaires, check-ins, virtual cards, watch parties, and live videos. Facebook is simply amazing for Microblogging because it has a lot of features.
You can also Microblog here regardless of it being a professional networking site. How? text posts or create SlideShare decks to share with your community of followers. The interface is easy to understand and use. You can build your personal brand by posting microblogs regularly and tagging influencers. This is why you need a Microblog in 2020.
You can create Pinterest Boards where you Pin pictures. The beauty of Pinterest lies in linking to products, articles and other useful information for audiences.
Benefits of Microblogging
- You can use a microblog to quickly share short pieces of information with clients. These might include tips, links, news updates or video commentaries.
- Harvard Business Review, aver that microblogging can enhance productivity by allowing employees to rapidly exchange information. A quick tweet tells an audience about a sale, breaking news and other crucial updates.
- A microblogging site is amazing because it helps your SEO. Having a microblog on your site, generating great content will help with your search engine optimization coupled with marketing (SEM) and ranking.
- Microblog posts are short, therefore, marketers won’t need to spend time and effort developing lengthy content. Furthermore, your subscribers or clients will not have to wait long for your content or waste a lot of time reading or watching a long video.
- Since the world loves receiving info on their mobiles, microblogs are perfect for this because they are short and mobile devices are geared for shorter content.
I hope this article helped in terms of Why you need a Microblog in 2020.